A. Data protection
Karis Technical Services Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Karis Technical Services Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Any data collected is processed and stored in accordance with the 1998 Data Protection Act You have a right to obtain your stored data free of charge. We will be happy to inform you regarding which of your personal data we have stored. In addition, you are entitled at any time to object to the registration of your personal details, or to have the data amended, blocked or deleted.
Collection and processing of data
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• name and job title
• contact information including email address
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
. Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable
If you have any further questions relating to our data privacy statement or the collection, processing or usage of your personal data, please contact us at this address:
Karis Technical Services Ltd
18 Albert Street
All texts, images, graphics, animations, videos, sounds and other content on this website are protected by copyright. The content of this website may not be copied for commercial purposes, distributed, amended or made available to third parties without the written consent of Karis Technical Services Ltd. Please note that the images contained on the websites may be subject to the copyright of third parties.
C. Trademark rights
Unless otherwise indicated, all trademarks and brand names on this website are protected by trademark law. This applies in particular to trademarks, type designations, logos and emblems.
The content of this website and the information provided are carefully selected and regularly updated. No liability can, however, be accepted for the up-to-dateness, correctness and accuracy of the information contained therein. Any liability for damages resulting directly or indirectly from the use of this website is excluded, in so far as these are not the result of malicious intent or gross negligence.
Karis Technical Services Ltd reserves the right to make amendments or additions without giving prior notice.
Our offer contains links to the external websites of third parties, over whose contents we have no control. We can therefore also accept no responsibility for this external content. The respective provider or operator of the pages is always responsible for the content of the linked pages. The linked pages were checked for any potential statutory violations at the time the link was made. No illegal content was identified at the time the link was made. Constant checking of the linked pages is, however, not reasonable without specific evidence of a legal violation. In the event that we become aware of any legal violations we will remove such links immediately.
What are cookies?
Cookies are files which contain a small amount of information. Cookies are stored on the browser or hard drive of your computer or device.
What type of cookies do we use?
Cookies can be in the form of session cookies or persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer or device when you close your web-browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer or device until deleted or until they reach their expiry date. We use the following cookies:
• Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website and to see how visitors move around when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily.
• Functionality cookies. These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, such as greeting you by name and remembering your preferences. It also allows for live chat support during your browsing experience.
• Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose. These cookies allow you to share and send information to other websites.
What kind of information do we collect by using cookies?
When you visit our website, we may automatically collect the following types of information from you: Your internet protocol (IP) address, your login information, time zone setting, operating system and platform, information about your visits including the URL you came from, your country, the search terms you used in our website, products you viewed or searched, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and the methods used to browse away from the page.
How do you block cookies?
We may update this policy from time to time. Changes in technology, legislation and authorities’ guidance may require us to inform you of the activities we undertake where it affects your privacy rights. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.